1.8
Turnaround Time

Seagate Homes in Palm Coast, FL built my new home and it has several problems that they will not fix! Why is inferior construction the Buyer's fault?

Shouldn't that be the Builders problem? A very obvious seam in the Master Bath Granite does not match. It is very easy to see and it doesn't say much about the standards Seagate sets for their finished product. Their motto seems to be "CLOSE AND GO." The VP of Construction (Brandon Jacobs) told me they were members of the Better Business Bureau, and he LIED because they are not!.

Shouldn't he know? SEAGATE will do nothing to admit the problem with the countertop is theirs and the best I can choke out of them is a laughable offer to pay one half of the estimated $500 to repair this horrible job, but I was told that I would be responsible for any mirror breakage, countertop cracking and any other damage this "repair" caused. This is only one issue. The new stove they installed does not work properly and there is no fix, the people they contracted with to do the landscaping, Paradise Landscaping, were SO bad, even D.R., the construction manager, called them back to repair some of their work, but it's still not complete.

SEAGATE did not do many of the things DR promised, like picking up all the downed branches in our yard when we moved in.

I had to do it. When it comes to building your new home with SEAGATE, JUST SAY NO!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Willow model as shown to me.

I didn't like: Willow model, As they built it for me.

Comments

SEAGATE Home Builders seem to think that we're just going to let this issue die, but they are so wrong. The granite countertops do not match up at the joint in the corner as they should, and it is apparent to everyone who I have shown it to.

We were lied to when the construction manager, D.R. Birle, promised that, upon final walk-thru that if the "fix" he had in mind didn't work (which was simply adding more caulk to the joint in question) that the issue would be fixed to our satisfaction.

This was not done and we will not pay anything to correct a problem caused by their shoddy construction standards. It is their fault and we are not through fighting them yet.